1. ANDES MINT CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies are chewy, chocolate and frosted with a melted Andes mint! These cookies have the perfect combination of chocolate and mint flavors – this is one of my favorite cookie recipes!
Servings: 36 cookies Author: Jessica & Nellie
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and then add the brown sugar, water and chocolate chips. Stir just until the chocolate chips are almost completely melted and then remove the pan from the stove. Continue to stir until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add the eggs and mix for 1 minute.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the chocolate mixture and mix just until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough and then roll into balls. Place the cookie dough balls on cookie sheets that have been lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats to prevent sticking. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or just until the centers of the cookies look done.
- Pull the cookies out of the oven and immediately place one Andes mint on top of each cookie. Wait 1-2 minutes or until the Andes mint is completely shiny and then use a butter knife or spreader to spread the melted mint all over the top of the cookie. (The melted mint topping will set up after an hour or two, but if you want to speed up the process you can place the cookies in the refrigerator for a few minutes.)
2. ANDES MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
These Andes Mint Chocolate Cupcakes are the best, with their moist chocolate cupcake base topped with a beautiful swirl of the most perfect mint buttercream frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Doctored up Chocolate Cupcakes
- In a mixing bowl, blend cake mix and flour together. Add remaining ingredients (melted butter, milk, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla). Mix until blended. Fill lined cupcake tins 3/4 full. I like to use a D20 scoop for this.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Green Mint Frosting
- Whip butter until smooth and fluffy (2 minutes).
- Add powdered sugar, 1-2 tablespoons cream, and Creme De Menthe. Add a few drops of food coloring until the mixture turns light green.
- Add remaining cream if frosting is too thick. Whip for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- With a cupcake frosting decorating tip, frost each cupcake.
- Add 1/2 to 1 Andes Mint to each frosted cupcake.
- Melt remaining mints and drizzle over each cupcake.